Household Hazardous Waste Recap:
- 747 cars came through our lines.
- Over 7,000 pounds of waste was disposed — everything from used oil, antifreeze, acids, alkaline batteries, mercury, fluorescent lamps.
- 156 pounds of expired medications were dropped off at our Dispose-A-Med table.
- The shredder crunched about 5,000 pounds of documents
- The Lions’ Club took in 700 pounds of paper and 20 pair of eyeglasses
- The Community Food Bank received 121 pounds of food and $400.
- A double dose of helping others! Not only was 550 gallons of latex paint collected, 350 gallons were sent to Habitat for Humanity.
Community Plan – Roadmap to 2025.
Greetings Board of Representatives members!
The GVC Community Plan: Roadmap to 2025 has been approved by the Executive Board and the Board of Representative in March, 2015. The Community Plan Committee has requested to be on the Board of Supervisors’ Agenda for adoption of the Plan. We will advise as to that date as soon as we have scheduled date.
The document we have asked you to review is the text only – we are still working on the final layout style, but the words will not change. CommPlan Manuscript-2 23 15 rev2
Interesting and Helpful workshops and speakers planned this fall and 2015 for GVC member Homeowner Associations.
- Board of Representative meeting (Desert Hills Rec Center), 9:00 am, Speaker is Suzanne Shields, Pima County Flood Control Director.
- GVC Webinar Workshop: Aging Owners, A Demographic Dilemma.
→ Choose this Link to view, print or copy selections for your newsletter - GVC Current Action Reports
We’re growing, see what’s happening with our Preferred Vendor Program (PVP) !!
2015 Arizona Legislation soon to be listed on the website. Until then, 2014 Arizona Legislation that affects Homeowner Associations
Each bill became effective on July 24, 2014. The GVC has placed a summary of all the bills on its Current Issues page under the “Members” tab . [Or click here to go to the Legislation]